Chernivtsi Medical College
It was founded in 1811 as Midwifery School. It was the first medical educational establishment in Bukovyna, which was transformed into the center of Obstetrics development.
One can distinguish four periods in the College development: Austrian (1811-1919), Romanian (1919-1944), Soviet (1944—1991), Ukrainian (since 1991). Each of the historical periods reflects the wish to improve public health service in Bukovyna.
On March 2, 2005 according to the decree of the Ukrainian Government №46-р Bukovinian State Medical Academy was reorganized into Bukovinian State Medical University. Thereby, Chernivtsi Medical College was renamed into Chernivtsi Medical College of Bukovinian State Medical University.
The college provides training at the full-time department and evening classes in the following fields: General Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory Diagnostics, Obstetrics, Medical and Preventive Care, as well as training of specialists for the educational qualification "Nurse-Bachelor." Since 2006 the nurses-masseurs with visual impairments have also been trained.
It trains specialists with the basic and secondary education. The College numbers 1150 students.
The educational process is carried out by 76 full-time teachers who have appropriate education in the needed field. The teaching staff consists of 5 PhDs, 26 associate professors, 17 lecturers, 8 teachers write their dissertations. Appropriate training base is provided and the educational process is computerized.
The college cooperates with practicing doctors of medical institutions in the city and teaching staff of the medical university, so 60 part-time lecturers are involved in the teaching process: among them there are 2 professors, 6 associate professors, 3 Doctors of Medical Sciences, 15 candidates of Medical Sciences.
To enhance students’ research work and learning, the educational process has been enriched with computer programs, interactive teaching methods and other modern educational technologies. For self-training and knowledge control 2 computer labs, connected to the Internet, are functioning, there also are 28 classrooms, 25 training rooms at the bases of clinical hospitals, maternity homes, Sanitary and Epidemiological Service. Students receive thorough theoretical and practical training, they are engaged in the research work on important problems of medicine, they participate in the international scientific conferences annually.
Permanent educational work with students is directed to the formation and development of personality. After classes they attend sports clubs, clubs’ sections "Intelligent", "Hrono", work in charity squads "Turbota" (“Care”). The college has a hostel for 250 people.
Thousands of highly qualified junior medical specialists, including many prominent scholars and public figures have graduated from this institution over two centuries of its existence. They became heads of health care establishments in the region, some of them work as senior nurses and midwives in the hospitals and maternity homes, chair medical stations. Among them are: V.P. Pishak – Academician, MD, Professor; L. Sandulyak – former Ambassador of Ukraine to Romania; V.F. Myslytskyi – MD, Professor; T.M. Khrystych – MD, Professor; V.D. Moskaliuk – MD, Professor; Yu.T. Akhtemiichuk – MD, Professor; A. Hrychai – Major General, M. Tkach – a poet; V.D. Zadorozhnyi – Chief Physician in the Regional Health Center; V.V. Danyliuk – Deputy Chief Doctor of Nursing in the City Children's Hospital.
The staff of the college maintains friendly business relationships with medical colleges in the USA, Canada and Russia.
College Director – Oleksandr Fedorovych Kulyk
He was born in the village Hrushevytsia, Rivne Region. In 1971 he graduated from Chernivtsi State Medical Institute with honors and after graduation he continued scientific work.
From 1983 to 1986 – Head of the Chernivtsi Regional Forensic Bureau Examination.
Since September 1986 – Associate Professor of Pathology and Forensic Medicine.
From November 1991 to 1997 – deputy dean of the medical faculty № 1 of Bukovinian State Medical Academy.
Since 1997 – Director of Chernivtsi Medical College of Bukovinian State Medical University.
For his long and devoted work, a significant contribution to the development of the institution, improvement of the educational process he was awarded an Honorary Diploma of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2004), medal "Excellence in Public Health" (1990), Fedkovych Prize (1997), Radzikhovskyi Prize (2000), “Excellence in Education of Ukraine" (2002), Jubilee Medal "Veteran of Work", diplomas of Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Ministry of Education of Ukraine, the Regional Health Department.
He is the author of 54 scientific papers, 4 text-books, 5 innovations, a member of the Academic Council of Bukovinian State Medical University.
Novoselytsia Medical College
Novoselytsia Medical College of Bukovinian State Medical University started its functioning and training of specialists as Novoselytsia Medical School in 1955. College premises consisted of 4 training rooms and 3 studies. In 1969 the hostel building was built, which was later re-equipped for classrooms and laboratories.
Kostenko Nina Fedorivna was the first director of the institution, and from 1975 to 1992 the College worked under the supervision of Toporchan Theodosiia Fedorivna.
On March 2, 2005 according to the decree of the Ukrainian Government №46-р Bukovinian State Medical Academy was reorganized into Bukovinian State Medical University, and Novoselytsia Medical College was renamed into Novoselytsia Medical College of Bukovinian State Medical University.
The College is proud of its graduates, including: Katerynchuk I.P. – MD, Professor, Head of the Hospital Therapy Department of Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy, Poltava; V. Khasanov – MD, Professor, Head of the Surgery Department of Chita Military Medical Academy; Palamar B.I. – candidate of medical sciences, Chief of Kyiv hospital № 3; Perepichka M.P. – Candidate of Medical Sciences, assistant professor of Dermatology and Venereal Diseases and Tuberculosis of BSMU; Vdovychen A.M. - Chief of the Regional Diagnostic Center and many others.
In 2005 the college celebrated its fiftieth anniversary.
Today's complex of educational-material base includes 2 academic buildings that contain 25 classrooms, 6 laboratories, 2 computer labs, a library with a reading room, a sports hall, a hostel for 70 persons, a dining room with 70 seats, a conference hall, methodical study, college museum.
The college trains specialists in such fields: "General Medicine", "Nursing", "Obstetrics".
Training of junior specialists in Novoselytsia Medical College is based on complete secondary education and basic secondary education.
The educational process in Novoselytsia Medical College of BSMU is provided by 57 highly qualified teachers.
Among the best employees – V.S. Romaniuk – Deputy Director for Academic Affairs, Senior Lecturer; V.D. Shumeiko – Head of Midwifery Department, teacher-methodologist; H.H. Dovhaniuk – College Methodist, Chairman of the Trade Union, teacher-methodologist; T.O. Blozhko – Teacher of Fundamentals of Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, Massage, teacher-methodologist; E.S. Kordunian – Teacher of Physics and Computer Science Fundamentals, Senior Lecturer; I.M. Plachynta – Teacher of Fundamentals of Pharmacology; P.P. Marunchak – Teacher of Pediatrics; V.B. Kochervei – Teacher of Nursing.
6,000 highly qualified young medical professionals working in different parts of Bukovyna and beyond its limits graduated from the College for more than fifty of its history.
The consistent implementation of the Bologna Declaration, the introduction of credit-modular system technologies into the educational process is in prospect of Novoselytsia Medical College activity.
Priority directions of Novoselytsia Medical College activity is improving educational process and material-technical support of the educational process aimed at professional development of medical attendant, midwives and nurses on the organizational, administrative and medical work in medical stations, first aid stations, enterprises medical posts, at the specialized therapeutic, surgical, pediatric, obstetric and gynecological departments, and in the system of family medicine: personally oriented education, the introduction of educational innovations, information technologies, permanent improvement of the quality of education, updating its contents and organization of the educational process, the formation of national and human values, promotion of healthy lifestyles.
The purpose and objective of scientific and teaching staff is to train highly qualified health professionals of the middle link for practical work in health care facilities of Novoselytsia, Chernivtsi Region and Ukraine.
College Director - Illia Serhiiovych Yeftemii
He was born in 1948 in Stroyintsi village, Novoselytsia District, Chernivtsi Region.
From 1966 to 1969 he studied at Novoselytsia Medical College.
In 1977 he graduated from Chernivtsi Medical Institute.
From 1978 to 1980 he worked as a full-time teacher of surgical diseases in Novoselytsia Medical School; from 1980 to 1992 – a surgeon intern in Novoselytsia Central District Hospital.
Since March 9, 1992 – Director of Novoselytsia Medical College.
Vashkivtsi Medical College
In 1946 according to the decision of Chernivtsi Regional Executive Committee from 10.23.1946, № 423 "Storozhynets Medical School" was founded. In 1963, according to the decision of the executive committee of the Chernivtsi Regional Council from 04.02.1963, № 6, the school moved to Vashkivtsi town and was called "Vashkivtsi Medical School".
On March 24, 2005 the School received the status of Medical College of Bukovinian State Medical University according to the decision of the Chernivtsi Regional Council number 19/05. It is referred to higher educational institutions of the first accreditation level and trains specialists in the following fields:
5.110101 "General Medicine"
The Departments of the College are "General Medicine", "Nursing" and seven substantive cyclic committees.
Number of employees – 85 people, including 16 doctors, 18 teachers of general subjects; 3 bachelors; 12 teachers-methodologists; 10 teachers of the highest category; 3 II Category teachers; 3 I Category teachers; 9 specialists.
Vashkivtsi Medical College has three academic buildings, a hostel, a library, a gym, a playground and a canteen. All the classrooms are equipped with the necessary equipment. Two computer labs, students’ testing center, fitness room are created. Maintaining and multiplying the best traditions that have developed in College, the staff is looking for new forms and methods of qualitative training of medical professionals. One of the directions of teaching and research activities of the teaching staff is close cooperation with Bukovinian State Medical University. It enables the effective use of pedagogical potential, organization of training courses for the staff, conducting scientific research, participation in scientific conferences.
Taking licensing integrated examinations "Step-M" college students always show good results what has been repeatedly noted by the Department of Education and Science, Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine.
The educational work of the institution stands out for a large number of forms and methods of engaging students to the formation of professional features of a health worker, training creative personality and professionalism that secures competitiveness in the labor market.
Positive role in the educational process belongs to the students’ amateur theater, choir and dance group.
Students’ Society “Myloserdia” functions in the College; its members take care of lonely elderly people, the disabled, and veterans of World War II. College students and teachers provide regular charity assistance to orphans of Vyzhnytsia Nazarii Yaremchuk boarding house, orphanage "Daisy" in Orshivtsi village, regional specialized orphanage in Chernivtsi.
The administration and staff of the college have far-reaching plans aimed at improving the training of medical personnel.
College Director – Sashchuk Mykola Mykolaiovych
He was born on December 13, 1959 in Vashkivtsi, Vyzhnytsia District, Chernivtsi Region.
In 1978 he graduated from Vashkivtsi Medical School. In 1987 – from Chernivtsi Medical Institute.
From August 1987 to February 1988 he worked as intern in the field of therapy in Polissia Central District Hospital, Kyiv Region, after that he worked at this hospital as a therapeutist till August 1988.
Since 1988 he worked as a teacher of Vashkivtsi Medical School, and since 2000 – as the director of the institution.