The Central Research Laboratory was established to improve methodical provision and to increase the efficiency of scientific research in the field of fundamental and clinical medicine according to the approval of the Academic Council of 30.08.2011 (proceedings № 1) beginning from January, 1, 2012 to establish a scientific laboratory attached to the Department of Pathological Physiology within the limits of the total number of the University staff (Rector’s order № 09-O of 02.12.2011).
The priority trend of work oftheCRL is to study the Pathophysiology of the kidneys and water-salt metabolism.
The Head of the Central Research Laboratory is Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Rogovyi Yu. Ye.
The structure of the CRL includes:
- Laboratoryof pathophysiological and biochemical investigations (responsible – senior laboratory assistant Olenovych L.V.);
- Operating theatre. Laboratory of the study of the renal function (responsible – Associate ProfessorDoroshko V.A.);
- Laboratoryof flaming photometry (responsible – Associate Professor Filipova L.O.);
- vivarium (responsible – Associate Professor Dikal M.V., Assistant Slobodian K.V.).
The planned research work of the Department of Pathological Physiology “Pathogenetic treatment of a dysfunction of the proximal section of the nephron and syndrome of a loss of sodium ions with urine, preventing disorders of the glomerular-tubular, tubular-tubular balance and the tubular-glomerular feedback under the conditions of the influence of ecologically unfavourable factors” is performed on the basis of the Central Research Laboratory.
The following research methods have been introduced on the basis of CRL:
- pathophysiological (modeling of sublimated nephropathy, hemic and tissue hypoxia with the introduction of 2,4-dinitrophenol, hepatorenal syndrome);
- functional (a study of the renal function under the conditions of water diuresis and loading with 3% sodium chloride specifying 45 indicators of renal function);
- biochemical (a determination of malonic aldehyde, diene conjugates, superoxide dismutase activity, catalase, glutationperoxidaze, protein by the method of Lowry, the succinatedehydrogenase activity, the total, enzymatic, nonenzymaticfibrinolytic activity, unlimited proteolysis in case of lysis of azoalbumin,azocasein, azokol, a determination of the concentration of creatinine in urine and blood plasma, protein in urine);
- chemical (an evalution of the concentration of sodium and potassium ions)
- statistic (determining the arithmetic mean and standard error, reliability indicator, correlative, regressive, multivariative regressive and meta-analysis).
In 2012 the scientific staff of the CRL published 15 papers ( 2 monographs, 7 articles, 3 abstracts),receivedone positive solution for an invention, directed 2 requests for innovation.
The following departments carry out researchwork on the base of the CRL and cooperate with it:
- Bioorganic and Biologic Chemistry and Clinical Biochemistry ( Associate Professor Dikal M.V.)
- Medical Biology, Genetics and Pharmaceutical Botanics ( AssistantVepriuk Yu. M.)
- Pharmacology ( Associate Professor Philipets N.D., Assistant Kopchuk T.G.)
- Pharmacy (Associate ProfessorGerush O. V.)
- Internal Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology and Occupational Diseases ( Assistant Zaliavska O.V.)
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Assistant Velyka A.Ya.)
- Physiology Named after Ya.D. Kirshenblat (Assistant Gordienko V.V.)
- Pathomorphology (Professor Davydenko I . S.)
- Surgery (Professor Bilookyi V.V.)
Favourable conditions are created on the basis of the CRL for completing theses by the University staff members and competitioners:
- Doctoral thesis – Grytsiuk M.I.,
- Doctoral thesis – Dotsiuk L.G.,
- Candidate’s dissertation – Nezboretsyi I.V.,
- Candidate’s dissertation – Belyavskyi V.V.,
- Candidate’s dissertation – Kolesnyk O.V.,
- Candidate’s dissertation – Kopchuk T.G.,
- Candidate’s dissertation – Slobodian K.V.,
- Candidate’s dissertation – VepriukYu.M.