Specialty 223 Nursing
Professional field 22 Health care
Higher education level First (Bachelor) level
Degree awarded Bachelor
Educational qualification awarded Bachelor of Nursing
Professional qualification Bachelor of Nursing
Form of study and distance training is allowed
Term of study – Full time training – 1 year on the basis of a diploma of a junior bachelor (junior specialist) in specialty 223 “Nursing” (5.12010102 “Nursing”), distance training – 2 years on the basis of a diploma of a junior bachelor (junior specialist) in specialty 223 “Nursing” (5.12010102 “Nursing”).
Volume of educational program 60 ECTS credits
Academic right of graduates Acquiring a second (master’s) level of higher education
Employment of graduates The specialist is prepared to work according to DK 009- 2010:
Section Q. Health Care and Provision of Social Assistance
Chapter 86.1 Activities of hospitals
Group 86.10 Activities of hospitals
Class 86.21 General medical practice
Class 86.90 Other activities in the field of health care
After graduation from the bachelor’s educational program, specialty “Nursing”, a specialist is ready to perform professional duties mentioned in DK 003-2010:
1229.5 Chief (Head) of the structural unit in medical facility
1229.5 1 Head Nurse
A specialist may take the initial position in accordance with the current List of Specialties:
Chapter 2 Professionals Specialist
K11 Professional title of work
1229.5 – Deputy Chief Nursing Officer;
1229.5 – Head Nurse;
3231 – Nurse supervisor;
3231 – Nurse anaesthetist;
3231 – Nurse of emergency medical service;
3231 – Nurse of medical cosmetic treatment;
3231 – Medical statistician.
Integral competence is the ability to solve complex specialized tasks and practical problems in the field of nursing that involves application of certain theories and methods of the corresponding science and is characterized by complexity and uncertainty of the conditions and requirements
- Ability to exercise rights and obligations as a member of society, to realize the values of the civil (free democratic) society and the need for its social development, the rule of law, human and civil rights and freedoms in Ukraine.
- Ability to preserve and increase the cultural, cultural, scientific values and achievements of society on the basis of understanding of the history and patterns of development of the indigenous region, its place in the general system of knowledge about nature and society and in the development of society, technologies, use different types and forms of motor activity for active leisure and healthy lifestyle.
- Ability of abstract thinking, analysis and synthesis.
- Ability to apply knowledge in practical situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject area and specifics of professional activity.
- Ability to communicate in the state language both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate in foreign language.
- Ability to use information and communication technologies.
- Determination and persistence on assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to make grounded decisions.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability of interpersonal interaction.
- Ability to act on ethical grounds
Special (professional, subject) competences:
- Ability to apply professional and legal standards in every day nursing practice.
- Ability to recognize and interpret the signs of disease and its symptoms, maladies or disability (assessment / diagnosis), limitations of full-fledged life and determine the problems of patients with various diseases and conditions.
- Satisfaction of the patient’s / client’s needs at different stages of life (including the process of dying) by planning, assisting and performing nursing interventions, assessing and correcting individual care plans established in cooperation with a patient / client, caregivers, family members and other medical and social workers.
- Applying nursing skills (abilities), medical preparations, interventions and actions to ensure decent attitude toward a patient’s / client’s, privateness / intimacy / confidentiality, protection of their rights, physical, psychological and spiritual needs on the basis of transcultural nursing, tolerance and non-prejudiced behaviour.
- Ability to effectively apply a set of medical skills (abilities), medical devices, interventions and actions to provide care based on a holistic approach, taking into account satisfaction of patient’s needs in comfortable environment, nutrition, personal hygiene and the ability of a person to meet their daily needs.
- Ability to effectively apply nursing skills, medications, interventions and actions when assessing the functional condition of patients / clients, preparing them for diagnostic research and taking biological material for laboratory research.
- Preserving the nurse’s own health during examination, performing manipulations and procedures, and moving and transporting a patient / client.
- Preventive activity of a nurse, aimed at preserving and strengthening health, preventing diseases and informing and teaching clients and their family members.
- Ability to organize, implement and control the nursing process in palliative and hospice care.
- Ability to organize the provision of medical care on the principle of family medicine.
- Ability to carry out medical and social rehabilitation in order to restore the health of the population.
- Ability to orientate in determining the group of drugs, especially their pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Ability to detect the relationship between clinical manifestations of diseases with the result of additional research methods.
- Ability to organize and provide emergency care in various acute conditions.
- Ability to organize and provide emergency care in emergency situations in time of peace and war.
- Ability to organize and manage a nursing structural unit (leadership and management).